The role and competencies of an Administrator (in Claims & Underwriting) at ooba include:
Purpose Of The Role:
Efficiently support the Sales Team by offering solutions, liaising with clients regarding policy wording cover.
Also, duties will include probable optional discount offer, making business decisions which are beneficial to both business and clients. Give clients advice regarding retention, increase excess and lower premiums, offering advice regarding sum insured decrease/increase. Outstanding Premium retention.
You’ll be expected to handle Dual Insurance processes with clients and Banks/Insurers by cancelling alternative cover through retention, as well as assist with claims intimations/negotiating settlement with Insurers.
In addition, you will be expected to deal with the rejection of claims, as well as give alternative solutions. Management of renewals will be a part of your duties and responsibilities.
Purpose of Claims & Underwriting Team:
- Cross sell insurance solutions to new and existing clients.
- Build annuity income.
- Support ooba’s positioning of a differentiated offering – which will support the overall business strategy.
- Create better brand affiliation and as such repeat business opportunities (through a branded long term relationship).
Required Previous Experience & Qualifications:
- Essential: Grade-12 (minimum educational qualification).
- Essential: FAIS accreditation and compliancy.
- Essential: 2+ years relevant experience and a proven track record in a similar role.
- Essential: Previous experience in Claims & Underwriting, as well as knowledge of or background in short term insurance products.
- Beneficial: Previous call centre (or sales) experience.
Required Competencies, Qualifications & Skills:
- Competence in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Client focused and customer-centric mindset.
- Adaptable and stress resilient.
- Accurate, quality focused and results-orientated.
- Ability to perform consistently under pressure.