This role is based at ooba’s Head Office in Cape Town and suitable candidates will meet the following criteria:
Purpose Of The Role:
You’ll form part of the Strategic Business Enablement (SBE) Division, the System Analyst position is responsible for the design and implementation of new business, integration systems as well as the enhancement and optimization of existing, previously implemented systems.
The primary function of this role is to liaise and align with mortgage originators and banking partners’ business objectives in contextualizing holistic, balanced and pragmatic systems that go beyond the mere implementation of software applications and reports.
There will be a significant emphasis on the gathering of data on existing systems, determining the requirements for new systems, considering alternatives within these constraints, and investigating the feasibility and impact of these solutions.
The successful candidate will be based at the ooba Head Office in Cape Town and will report to the Manager: System Analysis and Application Support in the SBE division.
The Systems Analyst is responsible for the following:
- Understand and drive out the implementation of business and IT strategies.
- Interact with external business partners to gather requirements and review systems.
- Research problems through data collection and analysis.
- Structure and prioritize business requirements and communicating plans with stakeholders for review and approval.
- Translate business requirements into system requirements.
- Collaboration in an Agile Team with Business Analyst, Architects, and Developers to resolve issues and ensure solutions are viable and consistent.
- Plan, create and present solution prototypes.
- Testing new and altered system functionalities.
- Sign-off developed solutions and handover for UAT.
- Manage system roadmaps.
- Document requirements according to a prescribed format.
- Create system guidelines and manuals for the organization.
- Conduct evaluations and documented recommendations.
- Identify and design improvements in the User Experience of systems.
Required Competencies, Experience, & Qualifications:
This position requires a person with demonstrated initiative, strong analytical skills, sound judgment, and effective decision-making.
You’ll need a solid understanding of computer software, user interaction models, information presentation, process adherence, and hardware integration.Bottom of Form
You’ll require a min’ 1-2 years of relevant experience in a similar role.
Also, you’ll need the following skills:
- Critical thinking ability.
- SQL skills and a demonstrable understanding of relational database systems.
- Knowledge of data modelling and data visualization tools.
- High-level written and verbal communication skills.
- Project management
- Strong analytical skills.
- Manage time and workflow to meet service levels.
- Handle stressful situations effectively.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Innovative and organized.
- Ability to anticipate and address problems.
And you’ll have the following qualities:
- Respect for a high degree of confidentiality.
- Able to work well in a team and / or individually.
- A hard worker.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Desire to add value.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Service orientated.
What We Can Offer You:
ooba’s people enjoy a unique culture of partnership, knowledge, challenging conventional thinking, and fun. We don’t think of ourselves as a corporate. We have a fairly flat management structure: no suits and ties, no ‘Mr and Mrs anybody’, no draconian workplace rules.
We offer competitive salaries and an annual performance bonus.
ooba further provides you with 100% subsidised life and disability cover, as well as free access to South Africa’s top employee assistance provider – ICAS. As a specialist, you will benefit from 20 working days leave per annum.
We encourage work-life balance and allow flexible working hours (and working from home), where it is operationally practical.
Most importantly, we can offer you access to growth, learning and challenging work.
If this sounds like the right job opportunity for you, then apply at our online candidate registration portal: