The role and competencies of an Enterprise Architecture & BI Applications Manager at ooba include
Purpose Of The Role:
- Researching, designing and articulating technical solutions to business challenges.
- Drive the solution design and release approach within the ooba enterprise architecture.
- Provide direction to the implementation team during the inital and subsequent engagements.
- Ensuring a quality solution.
- Manage a team of Developers (BI and Oracle Database Administrators).
Purpose of The Enterprise Architecture & BI Applications Team:
Enable the achievement of business strategy through innovative and well managed knowledge / information, ICT services and business processes.
Required Previous Experience & Qualifications:
• Essential: 5+ years relevant experience in a similar role (or delivering applications in a technical and/or project management role).
• Essential: Technical development and design experience across a broad range of technical platforms and technologies.
• Essential: Experience in technical and business consulting as well as solution design.
• Beneficial: Functional / subject area experience in one or more of the following:
- Customer facing applications (i.e. commerce, content site, extranets);
- HR and performance management applications;
- Business intelligence and/or data warehousing applications.
Required Competencies, Qualifications & Skills:
- SQL and PL/SQL.
- Performance optimization and workflow management.
- Analytical and design competence.
- Trouble-shooting and problem solving.
- Ability to be able to prioritize, multi-task and be flexible in your approach to work, as well as a general proactive nature to work and teamwork. A pragmatic mindset is advantageous, while still being precise and idealistic.
- Performance management.
- The ability to lead, manage and develop people.
- Good EQ and conflict resolution skills, as well as good IQ (including analytical and abstract thinking). This includes working with your peers and other development groups of mixed levels and skills-sets.
- Good attention to detail and consistently accurate in your work.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Energetic and motivated in your work and career.