The role and competencies of a BI Developer at ooba include:
Purpose Of The Role:
The purpose of a BI Developer role includes:
- Form part of the organisation’s Business Information (BI) development team.
- Efficiently support the organisation’s information delivery requirements.
The role will be focussed mainly on building reports and reporting using:
- Oracle Discoverer.
- BI Publisher (formerly: XML Publisher).
Purpose Of Team That The BI Developers Are Part Of:
And to enable the achievement of business strategy through:
- Innovative and well managed knowledge/information.
- ICT services.
- business processes.
Required Previous Experience & Qualifications:
- Essential: 2 – 3 years relevant experience in a similar role.
- Essential: Proficient SQL skills.
- Beneficial: Experience in Oracle Discoverer Administrator & Oracle Discoverer Plus.
- Beneficial: Experience in Oracle BI/XML Publisher.
- Beneficial: Experience in Oracle Portal.
- Beneficial: Experience in PL/SQL.
Required Competencies, Qualifications & Skills:
- Performance optimization.
- Analytical and design competence.
- Continuous improvement practices and methodologies.
- Ability to multi-task and flexible in your approach to work, as well as a general proactive nature to work and teamwork.
- Good attention to detail and consistently accurate in your work.
- Energetic and motivated in your work and career.