The role and competencies of a HR Business Partner at ooba include:
Purpose Of The Role:
Enabling the business to meet its strategic and operational objectives by:
- Being fully dedicated to internal partners.
- Sharing the responsibility for internal partner’s goal and target delivery.
- Helping internal partners develop and implement better people management practices.
Purpose of The Human Capital Team:
The Human Capital division develops initiatives and provides strategic support to ooba’s Management team with regard to human resource capacity and capability. It supports line management in the departments, performs centralized HR service tasks, and ensures ooba-wide application of operational human resources processes and related activities.
Required Previous Experience & Qualifications:
- Essential: Relevant tertiary-level qualification.
- Essential: 3-5 years experience as a HR officer / generalist or in an equivilant role.
Required Competencies, Qualifications & Skills:
- SA labour legislation, as well as HR governance, risk and compliance.
- Organizational design, development and change management.
- Talent management.
- Strategic and operational planning.
- Coaching, mentoring, team development, facilitation skills, and the ability to lead others.
- Project management.
- Presentation skills
- Analysis, problem solving and the ability to innovate, as well as forming an opinion and take a ‘helicopter view’ of the situation.
- Accurate, quality focused and results-orientated.
- Good EQ, cooperation skills, and persuasiveness, as well as good IQ.
- Ability to perform consistently under pressure, with a devotion to quality and the ability to adapt.
- Good attention to detail and consistently accurate in your work.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Energetic and motivated in your work and career.