We have new opening in our Learning Team for an experienced learning specialist to take ownership of training in our insurance and sales divisions. The role will be based at our Head Office in Cape Town and will work both on-site and remotely. This is a hands-on role with the focus being on designing and delivering both in-person and virtual compliance, product and systems training. The bulk of the Learning Specialist’s time will be spent in ooba’s Insurance division but the person will also be required to conduct training in other areas of the business.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Accredited Facilitator essential
- Assessor accreditation advantageous
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a training role essential
- Insurance industry training experience essential
- Experience in highly sales-driven environment advantageous
- Coaching qualification advantageous
Required Skills & Knowledge:
- Current knowledge of insurance products (long and short-term), and related compliance frameworks essential
- The ability to design and deliver compliance, product and systems training, including giving advice, monitoring and reporting essential
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Experience in using content development software (Articulate advantageous) and learning management system (Oracle Fusion advantageous) to deliver computer-based, blended and classroom-based programs
- Advanced computer literacy (MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint and MS Outlook) essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Change management skills advantageous
- Learnership programme management skills advantageous
- Performing under pressure
- Devotion to quality
Key Performance Areas:
- Liaise with managers to determine training needs and schedule training sessions.
- Design effective unit-standard aligned learning material in line with SETA and FSCA requirements that are appropriate for face-to-face and virtual delivery.
- Select and book virtual and on-site training venues.
- Conduct individual and group workshops and compliance, product knowledge and systems training sessions in ooba’s Insurance and sales divisions to ensure competence and compliance.
- Monitor compliance with relevant legislation in ooba’s sales and insurance procedures.
- Train and facilitate induction, soft skills and sales-related development programmes.
- Prepare learning material such as module summaries, videos, etc.
- Support and mentor new employees.
- Keep attendance and other records.
- Conduct evaluations to identify areas of improvement.
- Monitor employee performance and response to training.
- Coach learnerships and internships where required.