As well as people with existing insurance experience, we are open to people with who have other sales experience or who are recent GRADUATES (with no previous experience). We will provide you with training and pay for you to complete the FAIS & RE regulatory qualifications!
The role and competencies of a sales consultant: insurance at ooba include:
Purpose Of The Role:
Promoting the sale of insurance financial service’s products to newly sourced and existing customers, through an aggregation quoting platform, and ensuring the consistent delivery of customer service excellence.
Purpose of Call Centre Insurance Team:
To contact clients and sell insurance risks products and services. We sell these to our clients in order to create an additional value add proposition and, hopefully, save the client money on their existing insurance product. Leads are generated from clients who have applied for a bond through ooba. Clients are contacted by the short term call centre at a pre-determined time period after bond acceptance. The insurance leads are currently generated through our ooba channel.
Required Previous Experience & Qualifications:
- Essential: Grade 12 (minimum educational qualification).
- Essential: Proven sales experience, including in financial services, banking, telcos, retail contracts, etc.
- Beneficial: FAIS accreditation (RE 5 Qualification).
- Beneficial: 2+ years relevant experience and a proven track record in a similar role.
- Beneficial: Financial services / Insurance / Bond Origination experience.
Required Competencies, Qualifications & Skills:
- Commercial drive.
- Client focused and customer-centric mindset.
- Strong listening skills.
- Persuasive manner and verbal communications.
- Accurate, quality focused and results-orientated.
- Good social skills.
- Ability to perform consistently under pressure.