This role is based at ooba‘s Head Office in Cape Town and suitable candidates will meet the following criteria:
Managing Executive: Insurance
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification.
- RE 1 & 5.
- A demonstrable record of achievement in sales and sales leadership.
- 7-9 years of experience, preferably with exposure to both Life and Short Term markets.
Required Skills & Knowledge:
- Strong sales management skills, including: data and market analysis; opportunity management; strategic planning; budgeting; business partner relationship management; target setting and team performance management.
- Strong leadership skills, including coaching and mentoring – the ability to inspire individual performance and engagement in your teams.
- Sound financial management skills – the ability to run a profitable territory.
- The ability to deal with complex queries, especially the ability to mediate client complaints when required
- Intermediate to advanced computer literacy (MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint and MS Outlook)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Providing feedback.
- Performing under pressure.
- Market orientation.
- Commercial drive.
- Personal development.
Key Performance Areas:
- Annual business planning, budgeting and target setting.
- Driving the sale of ooba Insure’s insurance products within the independent operator (aggregation) and ooba home loan origination businesses across South Africa.
- Developing and maintaining close partnerships with independent operators, ooba licensees, sales managers and sales consultants.
- Monitoring regional sales figures and key performance indicators and implementing measures to improve under-performance.
- Insurance sales team performance management.
- Drive national and regional incentive programs to ensure ongoing recognition for performance.
- Responsible for ongoing Insurance product training to independent operators, licensees, ooba sales managers and sales consultants.
- Responsibility for the distribution and sales of key insurance products across a national network of lead providers.
What We Can Offer You:
ooba’s people enjoy a unique culture of partnership, knowledge, challenging conventional thinking, and fun. We don’t think of ourselves as a corporate. We have a fairly flat management structure: no suits and ties, no ‘Mr and Mrs anybody’, no draconian workplace rules.
We offer competitive salaries and an annual performance bonus.
ooba further provides you with 100% subsidised life and disability cover, as well as free access to South Africa’s top employee assistance provider – ICAS. As a specialist, you will benefit from 20 working days leave per annum.
We encourage work-life balance and allow flexible working hours (and working from home), where it is operationally practical.
Most importantly, we can offer you access to growth, learning and challenging work.