This National Sales Development Manager position, based in Cape Town (at our Head Office), offers you the rare chance to join an innovative financial services brand and one that pioneered home loans in South Africa over 17 years ago. In this role you’ll be reporting to the COO.
If you’re the sort of person who is driven to succeed in their work, if you can balance the competing challenges of a National Sales Development Manager role while providing supportive leadership to your direct reports, and if you’re still able to have some fun at work while doing all this…then this might be the right career move for you!
Who We Are & What We Do?
At ooba, we’re proudly contributing to the growth of our country and the economy by transforming the South African home ownership market. We empower people by ‘opening doors’ to a secure financial asset for them and their families. Basically, we provide them with the right to believe in the dream of home ownership.
At ooba, we also believe in empowering our people and our business partners. As a result, we have a strong collaborative and innovative culture, where everyone takes ownership of their work and contribution to ensure consistent delivery to our clients and customers.
Why A National Sales Developemt Manager Career At ooba?
At ooba, we are the leading home loan provider in South Africa, with the majority of the premium real estate brands in our portfolio – creating strong sales partnerships and secured lead channels.
We encourage our managers to work autonomously and we actively invest in growing our people and their careers, including: opportunities to achieve both personal and professional mastery through executive coaching and leadership development programmes.
What We’re Looking For In Applicants?
The person in this Sales Development Manager role will help us further grow our market position nationally by their strategic leadership and by driving the sales performance, including through the acquisition of new lead providers and leveraging key partner relationships.
Ideally, you’ll have:
- A degree (at undergraduate level or above), although suitable industry experience will be viewed as an alternative to a degree.
- A min’ 10+ years sales management experience, at least 5 years of which have been at a senior management level at a national organization.
- A proven sales leadership and business development track record, as well as a proven background in financial services or a similar industry.
- An ability in strategic planning, forecasting and target setting, sales data and market analysis / budgeting and reporting.
- Intermediate to advanced computer literacy.
- The ability to lead by inspiration, coaching and mentoring. (Basically, leading by more ‘carrot’ than ‘stick’).
Also, we’re open to candidates with a sales management background in banking, financial services or real estate, as well as candidates willing to relocate to Cape Town (from JHB, PTA, DBN, PE or other locations in South Africa).
If you’d like to see the FULL JOB DESCRIPTION, CLICK HERE