The role and competencies of a Java Developer at ooba include:
Purpose Of The Role:
Form part of an expert team developing and supporting high availability, large scale J2EE applications according to precise standards and detailed specifications.
Purpose of The Java Developer Team:
Enable the achievement of business strategy through innovative and well managed knowledge / information, ICT services and business processes.
Required Previous Experience & Qualifications:
Essential: 3+ years relevant experience in a similar role (that includes a proven track record in Java development).
Essential: Relevant IT focused Bachelors Degree or Diploma.
Essential: Experience in the following technologies:
- J2SE and J2EE
- EJB 3 or Spring
- Source Control (SVN or simliar)
- XML and XSLT
- JDBC and JPA or similar Persistence API, such as Hibernate
- Oracle Application Server, Glassfish, Tomcat or Jboss
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOAP and REST)
Beneficial: Experience in the following technologies:
- S JQuery
- Oracle Database experience and PL/SQL
- Oracle SOA Suite (BPEL & ESB)
- Microsoft Sharepoint
Required Competencies, Qualifications & Skills:
- Java development.
- Web development.
- Technical design.
- Trouble-shooting, structuring, analysis and problem solving, as well as forming an opinion.
- Accurate, quality focused and results-orientated.
- Good EQ and cooperation skills, as well as good IQ.
- Ability to perform consistently under pressure.