This role is based at ooba’s Head Office in Cape Town and suitable candidates will meet the following criteria:
Purpose Of This Role:
The Systems Analyst will fulfill a Service Delivery Manager (in IT & Applications) role and will be responsible for managing the service delivery for the largest bond origination switching platform in South Africa.
The ideal candidate will take ownership of the product and be able to effectively coordinate resources, projects and activities with external business partners and internal teams to ensure the delivery of the best possible value of IT and process to the business, client and partners.
The candidate will have existing intermediate level experience in an environment where software is being developed, as well as a relevant technical qualification (in a BsC in Info Tech and/or a Software Language).
As a Service Delivery Manager, the Systems Analyst will be responsible for the following:
- Serves as the primary point of contact regarding overall and day-to-day service delivery, as well as new projects and initiatives.
- Establish and maintain effective governance and forums both client facing and internal including measurement and reporting of these.
- Ensure Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators (as defined in the relevant contracts) are met or exceeded.
- Ensure the customers, partners and internal teams are apprised of status and receive the required feedback promptly.
- Accountable for managing the delivery of services such as business process and information technology to clients.
- Ability to forecast release schedules, create product roadmaps and report on progress of these.
- Ensure that implementations and ongoing services are delivered on time and meet client requirements by maintaining tight control over the quality, schedule, risks, scope of work and budget.
- Work very closely with delivery teams and responsibility for managing change as well as accepting or rejecting work results.
- Promotes the organisation’s capabilities and works with the wider team to maximum business value and exploit new opportunities and drive new initiatives.
- Strong partner relationship management to maximise value in our partnerships.
- Plan, manage and communicate delivery of internal and partner release schedules.
- Effective backlog management to ensure maximum business value or ROI is being delivered, including by negotiating priorities, scope, funding and schedule.
- Accountable for incident, problem and change management in order to drive continual service improvement.
- Responsible for ensuring the collection and documentation of domain knowledge in a survivable manner.
Required Competencies, Experience, & Qualifications:
- Extensive and recent experience in service delivery or a similar position.
- Project management (desirable although not essential).
- Agile Methodology, preferably Scrum Product Owner (desirable although not essential).
- Good understanding of technical IT concepts in order to be able to communicate effectively with technical teams.
- Resource management and planning.
- Strong commercial and financial awareness, budget monitoring and ownership.
- Incident, problem and change management, ITIL would be advantageous.
- Risk and issue management.
- Negotiating | Structuring | Directing | Market Orientation | Situational Awareness | Providing Feedback | Cooperation | Service Oriented | Initiative.
What We Can Offer You:
ooba’s people enjoy a unique culture of partnership, knowledge, challenging conventional thinking, and fun. We don’t think of ourselves as a corporate. We have a fairly flat management structure: no suits and ties, no ‘Mr and Mrs anybody’, no draconian workplace rules.
We offer competitive salaries and an annual performance bonus.
ooba further provides you with 100% subsidised life and disability cover, as well as free access to South Africa’s top employee assistance provider – ICAS. As a specialist, you will benefit from 20 working days leave per annum.
We encourage work-life balance and allow flexible working hours (and working from home), where it is operationally practical.
Most importantly, we can offer you access to growth, learning and challenging work.
If this sounds like the right job opportunity for you, then apply at our online candidate registration portal:
(The online application process is quick and easy to complete!)