This role is based at ooba‘s Head Office in Cape Town and suitable candidates will meet the following criteria and be responsible for following duties:
- Install and maintain network hardware and software
- Maintain and troubleshoot LAN, WAN and internet network infrastructure. This includes firewall, router and switching equipment
- Regular network health checks
- Problem determination and resolution
- Support Linux servers (physical and virtualized systems)
- Configure and maintain Network and Datacentre monitoring, alerting and trend analyses
- Participating as a member of the after-hours stand-by team
- Performing maintenance after-hours and on weekends, as and when required
- Providing 3rd level user support
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Experience managing virtual and physical server environments
- At least 3 years experience in network administration
- Experience setting up and managing Cisco networking equipment
- Experience managing and troubleshooting complex networks
- 1-3 years experience in Linux server environments.
- A proven track record in this role and the above responsibilities / requirements
- Ability to learn quickly
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good analytical skills
- Performance optimization skills
- Manage your time and workflow to meet service levels
- Handle stressful situations effectively
- Innovative and organized
- Ability to anticipate and address problems
What We Can Offer You:
ooba’s people enjoy a unique culture of partnership, knowledge, challenging conventional thinking, and fun. We don’t think of ourselves as a corporate. We have a fairly flat management structure: no suits and ties, no ‘Mr and Mrs anybody’, no draconian workplace rules.
We offer competitive salaries and an annual performance bonus.
ooba further provides you with 100% subsidised life and disability cover, as well as free access to South Africa’s top employee assistance provider – ICAS.
We encourage work-life balance and allow flexible working hours (and working from home), where it is operationally practical.
Most importantly, we can offer you access to growth, learning and challenging work. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to grow and develop your career as an IT Professional at ooba.
(The online application process is quick and easy to complete!)